Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 24, 2013
Weekly Review: Oklahoma
No. 10 Texas Tech will face a big challenge this weekend on the road at No. 17 Oklahoma.
In case you haven't been glued to RedRaiderSports.com all week, allow us to catch you up to date on the Red Raiders' status entering the key stretch of Big 12 games:
• Baker Mayfield and Michael Brewer are available. The two quarterbacks served as the No. 2 and No. 3 options, respectively, against West Virginia.
• Inside receiver Jakeem Grant is expected to be back from concussion symptoms suffered in the Iowa State game.
• Strong safety J.J. Gaines is questionable with shoulder issues.
• Defensive lineman Dartwan Bush is questionable with a leg injury.
• Jordan Davis served as the punt returner against West Virginia and did a solid job. He showed good judgment fielding kicks and returned two punts for a net nine yards with his longest return being 11 yards.
• Tanner Jacobson will fill in for Gaines if Gaines is unavailable. He led he team in tackling last week with nine solo tackles and he forced a fumble which West Virginia ultimately recovered.
Five Red Raiders to watch
QB 7 Davis Webb The true freshman is the hot hand with 462 passing yards and two touchdowns last week. It's going to be difficult to remove him considering his experiences, both wins, in the past two games.
TE 22 Jace Amaro The junior has definitely entered the golden era of his Tech career. He's averaging more than 100 yards per game and has good chemistry with all three quarterbacks.
FS 5 Tre' Porter The senior safety will be a key in all phases of defense. Oklahoma poses concerns all over the field, so it's nice to have Porter as a last man between the ball carrier and the end zone to make the Sooners play another down.
SS 20 Tanner Jacobson If Gaines can't go or get through the whole game, it's up to this true freshman. Jacobson has done some impressive things as a true freshman and has had a chance at several picks. It's really only a matter of time.
LB 10 Pete Robertson Outside containment on Oklahoma quarterback Blake Bell and a great stable of running backs will be the most important task of the defensive front. Robertson has been solid all season. This is an opportunity to really shine along with the rest of Tech's strong defense.
Our game week content
Chip is still there for Tech
The Recon Report
Don't tell Derrick Mays Tech has done enough this season
Ask the Expert: Oklahoma
Mississippi State NEWS