January 27, 2010
Ben Howland - presser quick hits
Coach Ben Howland conducted a press conference on Tuesday. The following are some highlights:
• The game Thursday will be the Bruin's last game at McArthur Court. There is no question that Oregon will be fired up to play an outstanding game. Coach Howland actually played an NCAA tournament game at this venue when he was a player at Weber State.
• Jerime Anderson has practiced minimally this week and almost undoubtedly won't play this weekend. Mustafa Abdul-Hamid has earned more playing time.
• Oregon will play a variety of defenses and will press at times.
• The Bruins will continue to use the zone. An aspect of the zone that is still a work in progress is getting back on defense in time to get set.
• Tajuan Porter, Oregon's 5-6 wing guard, is a "nightmare" for a zone. He can shoot from anywhere and is difficult to match up with. The Ducks new point guard, Malcolm Armstead, has been effective and has made Porter even better. Also, the Duck's center Michael Dunigan is a big body who has played very well at times this year.
• The Bruins have spent a lot of time practicing at the foul line and are improving. For instance, Reeves Nelson made 85 out of 100 recently. Still, more improvement is necessary.
• Mustafa Abdul-Hamid was also at the press conference and stated that he will graduate soon and is not sure if he will be back next year, although there is a good possibility.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!