Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 31, 2011Nashville, Tenn. - Wake Forest wide receiver Chris Givens announced he will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL Draft in April, following the Demon Deacons 23-17 loss to Mississippi State in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.
"Right now it's just the best decision for me," Givens said. "I've been praying about it, and going over all of the pros and cons of everything and this is the best decision for me right now. I made it [the decision to turn pro] yesterday, and I told the coaches today."
Givens added that in its official evaluation the NFL gave him a third-round grade.
"We're for Chris Givens, and we're for our players," Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe said in an interview with Deacons Illustrated earlier this season. "I think he realizes that there may be a good reason for him to move on to the next level. He's a real deal guy. There's no question about it."
Givens caught nine passes for 54 yards in his final game in Black and Gold to finish the season with 83 receptions for 1,330 yards and nine touchdowns.
He broke former Demon Deacon great Ricky Proehl's for most receiving yards in a season in Wake's 31-10 win to become bowl-eligible.
Mississippi State NEWS