Mississippi State's basketball offseason has been anything but quiet since things ended in March.
The Bulldogs have nearly lost a head coach, had a player transfer out and another transfer in, a assistant coach leave, a player taken off scholarship, two underclassmen declare for the NBA Draft...[details]
2008 (Sophomore): - Started the last 27 games and was third at the foul line with a 78.1 percent accuracy (57 of 73).
- In the last 90 seconds against Tennessee in SECT finals, score seven points to help MSU win the title.
- In the SECT, averaged 8.3 points and 8.3 rebounds. Also dished out six assists, had three blocks and collected three steals.
- Averaged 8.5 points and 5.5 rebounds for the year.
- Scored a career-high 18 points at Kentucky and made four 3-pointers.
- Had career-high in rebounds (14) and steals (6) against South Carolina.
- Had 123 rebounds in last 15 games and had 10 or more in five games.
- In first start against South Alabama, had 10 points and two rebounds to go along with four assists and two steals.
- In first SEC home game against Alabama, responded with a 17-point performance.
- In consecutive games at Kentucky and vs. Arkansas, had four 3-pointers each night.
2007 (Freshman): Averaged 4.0 points and 2.8 rebounds per game as a redshirt freshman for the Bulldogs... Saw an average of 16.6 minutes played per game in 30 appearances a year ago, including 11 mid-season starting assignments (10 consecutive starts from Dec. 30-Feb. 6)... Struggled with his shooting consistency as a collegiate rookie, hitting just 33 percent overall from the field, 30 percent from three-point range and 56 percent from the free-throw line... Ranked fourth on the team with 26 steals and also with 24 made 3-pointers on the season... Also had 25 assists and 10 blocks for the year... Did not see action in four of MSU's last six regular-season contests, in addition to totaling only 24 composite minutes of action over his last seven appearances of the season... Tallied a season-high 17 points (6-9 FGs & 4-6 treys), along with four rebounds, three assists, two steals and a block, at South Alabama in his first MSU start... Tallied 13 points on 4-of-5 field goals and 3-of-3 shooting from beyond the arc in 16 minutes of action, including 11 straight MSU points in a span of only 1:32 of the first half, at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi... Followed up that effort by recording his first career double-double with 12 points and a career-high 10 rebounds in home win over Missouri... Subsequently followed the Missouri outing with near-double-doubles against Lafayette College (8 pts & 8 rebs) and during home win over Georgia (7 pts & 9 rebs plus 2 asts, 2 stls & 2 blks)... Posted his fourth double digit-scoring effort within an eight-game span (Dec. 15-Jan. 15) by tallying a personal SEC-high 11 points on 3-of-8 three-point shooting in home triumph over Kentucky... Had six points (2-5 treys) and three rebounds at Arkansas... Tallied four points and five rebounds in home win over Alabama... Totaled three points, three rebounds, two blocks and two steals at Auburn... Matched his season high with three assists, while adding three points and two rebounds, at Alabama... Had four points, three rebounds and two steals at LSU in his SEC debut... Came off the bench to play all five minutes of overtime and hit a clutch 3-pointer at South Carolina after Jamont Gordon had fouled out... Scored five and six points, respectively, in back-to-back, mid-November home outings versus Clemson and UT Martin.
2006 (Redshirt): Sat out true freshman season as a redshirt
Personal: Philip G. Turner was born October 27, 1987, in San Diego, Calif... Enrolled in MSU's College of Arts and Sciences... The son of Alex and Audrey Turner.